As of 01/25/2021:
We are going to follow the CDC guidelines as options for a student/staff member to quarantine AFTER EXPOSURE TO A POSITIVE CASE. After the exposure, a student/staff member may return after the following:
- After day 10 without testing
- After day 7 after receiving a negative test result (test must occur on day 5 or later)
After stopping quarantine, you should watch for the following in your child:
- Watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
- If he/she has symptoms, immediately isolate your child and contact the local public health authority or healthcare provider
- Have the child wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet from others, wash his/her hands, avoid crowds, and take other steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please note: CDC continues to endorse quarantine for 14 days and recognizes that any quarantine shorter than 14 days balances reduced burden against a small possibility of spreading the virus.